The Supplemental Nursing System: supporting bonding
“The SNS allows me to breastfeed again. That has given me a real psychological boost. I see the product as being a great opportunity for lots of women.” Christiane K.
The SNS is intended to enable mums to breastfeed when they would otherwise be unable to do so, and help the baby train their sucking behaviour. It offers the following advantages:
- It can be used by mums who have or think they have a low milk supply
- It helps to stimulate the mum’s milk supply through direct sucking at the breast
- It can be used when there is a requirement for supplements in addition to breast milk
- It trains the baby to suck properly by creating a vacuum at the breast
The Supplemental Nursing System is a reservoir that is filled with supplemental nutrition. It can then be placed on the mum’s chest or on a pole. The very thin, flexible tubes are fixed alongside the mother’s nipples and release additional milk and supplements as the baby feeds.
Benefits of the SNS
This special feeding device helps to ensure that the baby is given supplemental nutrition whilst breastfeeding.
The reservoir can be placed on the mum’s chest.
Very thin, flexible tubes are fixed alongside the mum’s nipples.
The device can be reused after it has been cleaned in accordance with the instructions for use.
- Enables mums to breastfeed when they would otherwise be unable to do so
- Helps to stimulate the mum’s milk supply through direct sucking at the breast
- Trains the baby to suck properly by creating a vacuum at the breast
- Supports parental involvement
- Supports unique contact between mum and baby
- Allows adopted babies to be fed at the breast
You May Also Like
Designed for babies who are unable to create a vacuum due to certain syndromes and neurological disorders, or because they were born with a cleft lip or palate.
Provides an easy and gently way to feed your baby with its soft, spoon-shaped mouthpiece. Ideal for short-term feeding for babies with sucking difficulties.
A correctly sized breast shield is essential for effective pumping. Choose from 5 different sizes for your personal needs.